Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

In Retrospect...

retrospect
to drift in a train of thoughts...
afloat in a world of my choice...
to be where my heart desires...
to be where you are...

it has been awhile since my thoughts wandered back to a half-forgotten, half-remembered past...memories of a distant past that brought me back to the days of poetic and untroubled gaiety...the same memories that once brought me tears...are now the same reason for the sweetest smile on my face...

will you give me today for reminiscing and reverie?...i just want to remember what it was and what it might have been...

how can i forget...

the morning hello's...no words spoken...just a glance...a certain look that conveyed that wishful longing...

the never-ending phone calls through our own private lines...dedicated lines for all those heart-to-heart and mind-to-mind conversations...

the late afternoon drives to that hidden road by the air strip...or to that grass covered diamond field...or to that abandoned old pit...

a hurried kiss...a warm embrace before the break of dawn...

will i ever forget?...

yet, if I have to live my life all over again, i would still choose to live it the same way...for despite the hurts, i was happy...and i know i would never have known such happiness without the pains...

i am happy...i chose this life...i chose this world...maybe...just maybe...if i would say it often enough, it will become my truth...

comments