Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Sunrise...

sunrise
The night sets in and as I reach my room I hang up the smile I've worn all day. Tomorrow morning, it's the first thing I'll put back just in case it will be "the day".

I lay down in bed willing myself to sleep so my new day will hurry up and arrive. But as the world turn half way around, I think about him. It makes me smile, sometimes that smile turns into a giggle, and the giggle will turn into a burst of laughter.

And then there are times I get that lump in my throat and that tight feeling in my chest, and sometimes that feeling overwhelms me and begins to turn into a tear, and often that tear multiplies itself and breaks open the dam of emotions and I lose the battle.

Then somehow through either the joy or the sadness, I drift and find myself asleep. Then the dreams begin and keep me company until my new day arrives.

When I awake it's with such excitement! Because I tell myself this could be the day that every other day has led up to and the first day of the rest of my life. I quickly don my smile because I want him to see me at my very best. Then I look out the glass window even though I know it's still dawn, but I still have to confirm I've been given another chance to be with him.

Then I ask myself, "Is this the day?" And the excitement rushes over me again. "Where is it going to be?"

Will it be at the coffee shop with his frappuccino, oblivious to the world and lost in his book?

Will it be at the boardwalk where I would unexpectedly see his face amongst the crowd?

Or will it be at the parking area? The busy sidewalk? The convenient store?

So will today be "the day"? Will this finally be the day that I will not have to ever wait for another sunrise? Because whenever I want to see it, I only have to look at him and there it shall always be - in his eyes - and he will forever hold it for me.

He is my dawn, my sunrise, my new day.

comments