Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

My Miracle Find...

my heart lets out a silent scream...trying to reach you...it's you and me in my mind lately...wish i don't have to think about it, any more than i have to...it's out of my control, though...you invade my thoughts at my worst times...flashes of things, things we talked about...i don't cry about it, far from it...i don't lie in bed and stare at the ceiling and ask it why...i don't ask questions...well, not anymore...but i think about it...i think about you...

i think of those times i shared my thoughts with you...with you who actually know what i mean...who read my mind and finish my phrases before i even have the chance to blurt them out...you don't find the things i say intriguing or strange...you feel them as i do...and most of all, more than anything, you understand and accept me the way i am...

in your most strange way, you taught me not to waste life...that no matter how bad things get, it isn't worth it...you made me see that there's still beauty left in places...that i just have to turn my head another angle to see it...sometimes, it's shattered like broken glass, but you showed me how to arrange it like a puzzle for it to make sense...for the picture to become clear...

even if i never hear your voice when i talk to you as i sit alone in my room, i still feel your lingering presence...you're always there in the deep recesses of my mind...and when the world is fast asleep, i am never alone...for you are always with me, my miracle find...always...

deep thought

When I feel like the world's gone mad
And I need you so bad
But I don't know where you are
I cry these tears

On our own we've been so far
We've sworn at the moon
And we've counted a million stars
My love's still true

Friends have come and gone
Some have left me alone
But I've stared at these walls before
And they've made me blue

All along in my heart I've known
There's one thing in my life
That still rings true
I can count on you

Count on you to be there
No questions in the air
No asking why or where
No looking back

Count on you every time
To ease my worried mind
You'll forever be important to me
My miracle find

If I had to choose one place
To spend the rest of my days
Anywhere will do
Long as it's close to you

Now oh now
We've travelled so far
Yet I'm right back where you are
Just me and you

Now and forever more
As the years go by
I'm beginning to see that I
Can count on you

comments