Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Bit of My Soul...

coffee shop
Nestled in an oversized-sofa, I was staring at the glass of pink guava juice in my hand as i make small talks with a friend. A hint of moving color made me look up and my gaze followed you as you sit at a table across ours.

Our eyes found each other's gaze, locked on a moment too long. I watched the movement of your hand as you bring the cup of coffee to your lips. There is something about your eyes, about your smile, about you.

I stood by the counter and I felt you standing behind me a little closer than would be normal. I felt a tingling warmth creeping within me. I was almost sure you can hear the thumping of my heart. My nostrils flared unwittingly, catching the primal clues of our bodies.

We never see each other again. But a bit of my soul is trapped in that coffee shop forever.

comments